Edible chickpea cookie dough is a simple and wholesome snack that’s naturally egg free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and gluten free! It’s a deliciously candy deal with that comes along with minimal substances in a meals processor.
Desk of Contents
Why you’ll love this chickpea cookie dough recipe
Edible cookie dough recipes are a few of my favorites as a result of they’re versatile, they’re a no-bake snack or dessert, and are a lot enjoyable to eat. From wholesome cookie dough to oatmeal cookie dough to keto cookie dough, there’s a cookie dough recipe for each dietary want and event!
Now, I do know you could be considering, chickpeas in cookie dough? How is that doable? Effectively, don’t fret- I promise you, NO ONE is aware of it’s in there, not even the best cookie dough connoisseur.
- Wholesome cookie dough?! I do know it’s exhausting to consider, however this cookie dough recipe is wholesome as a result of it’s made with only a handful of healthful vegan substances. You’ll really feel good with every chunk!
- Full of protein! Containing 20 grams of protein per 100 grams, chickpeas pack each serving of this scrumptious snack or dessert with plant-based protein so you may keep full and happy for hours. Positive, you could possibly make my protein shake after a exercise however how way more scrumptious would cookie dough be?
- Prepared in minutes. All you want to do is mix the substances right into a thick dough, fold within the chocolate chips by hand, then dig in! That is the type of dessert we frequently make after dinner on a whim- it’s that straightforward.
- No bean taste. Everyone knows that chickpeas are improbable for making selfmade hummus and chana masala, however additionally they give this chocolate chip cookie dough a base that’s wealthy, hearty, and clean. The delicate bean taste in chickpeas can also be well-hidden, so all you style are the chocolate chips and the wealthy sweetness of the cookie dough.
To maintain this recipe as wholesome as doable, I swapped the standard cookie dough substances (butter, sugar, flour, and many others.) for a minimal quantity of dairy free substances and pure sweeteners. That is what you want:
- Chickpeas. Use canned chickpeas as they’re the quickest and best choice. If you wish to make chickpeas from scratch, enable sufficient time for them to chill utterly.
- Peanut butter. Easy is finest. Or use any nut butter you need instead, like cashew butter, almond butter, Nutella, or sunflower seed butter.
- Maple syrup. For sweetness. You should use brown sugar when you don’t want the recipe to be refined sugar free.
- Salt. A pinch of salt intensifies the hidden flavors in the remainder of the substances.
- Vanilla extract. For taste.
- Rolled oats. Utilizing rolled oats in chickpea cookie dough means you don’t want to make use of common flour, which normally must be warmth handled beforehand. Be happy to make use of oat flour or almond flour instead.
- Milk. Any kind of standard milk or dairy free milk works properly right here.
- Darkish chocolate chips. Or make this with my vegan chocolate chips as a substitute.
make chickpea cookie dough
- Put together the chickpeas. Drain the chickpeas from the can and rinse them underneath working water. Switch them to a clear kitchen towel and add one other towel on prime and therapeutic massage the chickpeas till they’re dry and the skins have been eliminated.
- Mix. Add the chickpeas to a meals processor, together with the peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and milk. Mix till clean. Add oats and mix as soon as extra.
- Add the chocolate chips. Let the combination cool and settle to room temperature earlier than folding within the chocolate chips. Serve and luxuriate in!
- Gluten-free cookie dough. Not all oats are naturally gluten-free. Ensure to make use of licensed gluten-free rolled oats.
- Nut free. Swap the peanut butter on your favourite seed butter, like sunflower seed butter or tahini. I’ve additionally tried granola butter, and let’s simply say portion management goes out the window!
- Protein cookie dough. Similar to my protein cookie dough recipe, you may mix in a scoop of your favourite vegan protein powder to make this vegan cookie dough additional filling.
- Add heat spices. Like cinnamon or nutmeg. It’s kind of much like my snickerdoodle cookie dough or pumpkin cookie dough, however minus the seasonal facet.
- Additional add-ins. Along with the chocolate chips, you may fold in crushed walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pretzels, dried fruit, or go up a notch and make a batch of my vegan brownies and fold them in (critically!).
To retailer: Chickpea cookie dough may be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks.
To freeze: Freeze the cookie dough in an hermetic container for as much as 6 months.
- Meals processor. To puree the substances right into a clean cookie dough. You could possibly use a blender as a substitute however the sides should be scraped down extra usually.
- Spatula. To scrape down the sides of the meals processor.
Recipe ideas and methods
- Peeling the chickpea skins is tedious, however value it! Rubbing them with kitchen towels is an environment friendly technique to peel the skins or you may merely squeeze every chickpea between your thumb and index finger.
- Is the dough too thick? Mix in a splash of milk at a time to barely skinny out the consistency.
- Chill the cookie dough. For one of the best taste and texture, chill the cookie dough for at the least two hours for the flavors to really develop and the combination to thicken.
Extra no bake desserts to strive
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
Place the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and therapeutic massage gently to take away the skins off all of the chickpeas.
Place the chickpeas in a meals processor. Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla extract and mix till clean. Add the oats and the milk and mix till clean, repeatedly scraping down the perimeters.
Let the cookie dough cool barely, earlier than folding by means of the chocolate chips. Switch to a bowl and serve.
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 237kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 8gFats: 10gSodium: 136mgPotassium: 233mgFiber: 5gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 39IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 2mgNET CARBS: 26g
Incessantly Requested Questions
Chickpea cookie dough is finest served with enjoyable snacks for dipping, like vegan-friendly graham crackers, sliced apples, or vegan peanut butter cookies. Or you may simply eat it with a spoon!
Nope! Chickpeas are already virtually flavorless, however any bean taste is properly hidden behind the peanut butter, maple syrup, and chocolate.
To bake edible cookie dough into cookies, mix a ¼ teaspoon of baking powder into the cookie dough, then kind items of the dough into balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 350ºF oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till the sides are set and the bottoms are golden.
Disclosure: This put up might include affiliate hyperlinks. I’ll earn a small fee for my endorsement, suggestion, testimonial, and/or hyperlink to any services or products from this web site.