For those who’re on the lookout for a hearty and satisfying meal that is excellent for a night in, this keto beef stew could also be simply what you might be on the lookout for!
With solely 6.4g internet carbs per serving, you’ll love how simple it’s to make this scrumptious stew.
This low-carb model of a traditional stew is made with tender beef, flavorful herbs and spices, and loads of low-carb veggies for a comforting and scrumptious meal that is additionally keto-friendly
The components on this keto beef stew are each easy and flavorful.
Not like conventional beef stew, components like starchy root greens and flour are substituted with low-carb alternate options comparable to turnips, inexperienced onions, and fewer carrots. You will hardly discover the distinction!
- Beef Stew Meat – use a beef chuck roast or spherical roast and lower it into bite-sized items for the stew. You may also purchase precut stew meat. I want grass fed beef, however use no matter matches inside your individual price range.
- Olive Oil – a light-tasting oil is used to brown the meat and saute completely cooked greens.
- Inexperienced Onions – the entire spring is used together with the white half. Inexperienced onions have fewer carbs than bulb onions.
- Garlic – pre-minced or mince your self at residence.
- Greens – turnips are used rather than potatoes, and just one carrot is required.
- Seasoning – Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and salt and pepper are all wanted.
- Beef Broth – it is a nice alternative to make use of beef bone broth whether it is in your price range to buy or make your individual Instantaneous Pot beef bone broth!
- Tomato Paste – provides a savory tomato taste to the stew. It would additionally assist the stew thicken because it simmers.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – provides a little bit of tangy to essentially deliver all of the flavors collectively.
See recipe card for portions.
Making this hearty keto beef stew is a straightforward course of.
Begin by prepping your meat and greens. You’ll want to peel and lower all of your greens upfront, besides the turnips.
The turnips are added final after the stew has simmered. I like to recommend ready to prep them till the tip so they do not flip brown sitting out.
Warmth the olive oil in a big pot or Dutch oven over medium-high warmth. Then, add the meat stew meat and brown on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Take away the meat from the pot and put aside.
Subsequent, add the carrots, and the white a part of the inexperienced onions, to the pot and sauté till the greens are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Then stir within the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic. Saute till aromatic, about 1 minute.
Add the tomato paste, beef broth, and bay leaves. Stir to mix. Let the stew come to a boil then cowl and scale back the warmth to low and simmer for 45-60 minutes, till the meat is tender
Peel and lower the turnips to 1-inch cubes. Take away the lid out of your pot. Add the turnips. Improve to medium-high and produce again to a boil. Boil for 15-20 or till the turnips are mushy and the stew has began to thicken.
Take away the stew from the warmth and serve topped with the remaining inexperienced onions. This can add taste and provides coloration to your stew.
Trace: Brown the stew meat in batches in order that the meat is not crowded within the pan. This can give the meat sufficient area to crisp with out releasing all of the juice and simply boiling it.
Want substitutions for a number of components? Take a look at the record beneath for really useful substitutions for some components used to make this keto beef stew recipe.
- Beef stew meat- Use different cuts of beef like chuck roast or sirloin which are additionally appropriate for stewing. You may also substitute beef with various kinds of meat like lamb, pork, or venison.
- Olive oil– Substitute olive oil with different wholesome cooking oils like avocado oil, coconut oil, or ghee.
- Inexperienced onions– Use common onions or shallots as a substitute of inexperienced onions.
- Carrots– Substitute the carrots with different low-carb greens like diced celery, diced radishes, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
- Garlic– Use garlic powder as a substitute of minced garlic.
- Turnips- Substitute turnips with different low-carb root greens like rutabaga or radish.
- Beef broth- You may also use bone broth for added vitamin.
- Tomato paste– Substitute tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes to scale back the carb rely even additional, it’s possible you’ll want to scale back the quantity of broth used to compensate for the extra liquid.
- Apple cider vinegar– Whereas apple cider vinegar provides a pleasant tangy taste to the stew, you may as well use different forms of vinegar like purple wine vinegar or white wine vinegar. Simply make sure to test the vitamin label as some sorts of vinegar could comprise added sugars.
Remember the fact that any modifications made to the recipes will alter the dietary values of the recipes discovered beneath.
For those who’re seeking to change up your keto beef stew recipe, attempt these three taste variations that may add some selection to your weekly meal plan.
- Spicy beef stew– Add some warmth to your beef stew by including diced jalapenos, purple pepper flakes, or a spicy seasoning mix like Cajun or chili powder. This can give your stew a pleasant kick and depth.
- Creamy beef stew– Make your beef stew creamier by including heavy cream, bitter cream, or cream cheese.
- Curry beef stew– Give your beef stew an Indian twist by including curry powder, cumin, and coriander. You may also add coconut milk to make it creamy.
See this Instantaneous Pot Beef Bone Broth recipe on my web site to make use of together with your stew!
To make keto beef stew you will want some primary gear that you simply possible have already got in your kitchen.
- Dutch oven or massive inventory pot- A Dutch oven or a big inventory pot with a lid is important for making stews because it permits you to prepare dinner the stew evenly and at a gradual temperature.
- Knife and Slicing board– You will want a reducing board and knife to cut the meat and greens.
- Measuring cups and spoons– Measuring cups and spoons are important for precisely measuring the components within the recipe.
- Spoon/Ladle- A ladle is helpful for serving the stew in bowls with out making a multitude.
Crucial piece of kit you want is a pot massive sufficient to carry your stew with out spilling over.
Earlier than storing any leftover stew you will want to let it cool to room temperature first, then place it in an air-tight container that’s fridge or freezer secure.
- Fridge – Beef stew may be saved within the fridge for 3-4 days. For those who do not plan to eat the stew inside that time-frame, you’ll be able to freeze it.
- Freezer – To freeze the stew, switch it to a freezer-safe container or a resealable plastic bag. You should definitely go away some area on the high of the container or bag to permit for enlargement because the stew freezes. The stew may be frozen for as much as 3 months.
- Reheating – To reheat the stew, thaw it within the fridge in a single day or within the microwave on the defrost setting. Reheat the stew in a pot over medium warmth or within the microwave till heated via. Stir often to forestall burning.
Your stew could thicken within the fridge or freezer. If wanted, you’ll be able to skinny the stew by including a bit extra water or broth as you reheat it.
A lot of the flavour on this beef stew will come from the meat broth. If making your broth, do that Instantaneous Pot Beef Bone Broth recipe. For those who go for a store-bought broth, choose a high quality broth that has a number of flavors. Ensure that to learn the label to make sure are not any added sugars.
A great substitute for potatoes in a beef stew may be turnips, radishes, cauliflower, or celery root. Most low-carb root greens are scrumptious in beef stew.
To thicken the meat stew it’s best to simmer the stew uncovered in direction of the tip of the cooking time when including the turnips to the stew. This permits the stew to scale back and the turnips to thicken the stew because it cooks.
When making stew, it’s best to make use of robust cuts of beef comparable to chuck roast that require gradual cooking to develop into tender and flavorful.
Give this keto pleasant beef stew a attempt tonight and it will rapidly develop into one among your favourite keto recipes! Get pleasure from.
In search of different recipes like this? Strive these:
These are my favourite dishes to serve with keto beef stew:
Please price this recipe.
Keto Beef Stew
Keto beef stew is a hearty and satisfying meal that is excellent for cold evenings. Made with low-carb greens this gluten-free stew has solely 6.4g internet carbs.
Servings: 6 servings
NET carbs: 6.4g
Modify servings: 6 servings
Stop your display screen from going darkish
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate vitamin data is supplied for comfort and as a courtesy solely. For probably the most correct dietary information, use the precise components and types you utilized in your most popular vitamin calculator.
- Prepare dinner to a minimal temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Don’t use the identical utensils on cooked meals, that beforehand touched uncooked meat
- Wash fingers after touching uncooked meat
- Do not go away meals sitting out at room temperature for prolonged durations
- By no means go away cooking meals unattended
- Use oils with excessive smoking level to keep away from dangerous compounds
- All the time have good air flow when utilizing a gasoline range