Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad is loaded with taste from blue cheese, cranberries, and pecans, and may be made forward for the vacation desk! And in the event you skip the dried cranberries, this salad can work for a low-carb or Keto food plan, or see extra suggestions beneath for decreasing carbs.
There’s loads to like about this Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad that has blue cheese, cranberries, and pecans. Not solely is it holiday-worthy within the taste division, however you may prepare dinner the beans and marinate them within the dressing, and toast the pecans, crumble the blue cheese and measure the cranberries all upfront, so when it’s time for Thanksgiving dinner all you’ll want to do is toss the salad collectively.
This salad is nice at room temperature too, so that you don’t even want to make use of a lot fridge house. I’m recommending this for a Thanksgiving salad partly as a result of the dried cranberries are so conventional for that day, regardless that they’re a little bit of a splurge in the event you’re watching your carbs. However this tasty salad can be nice with out cranberries, and it could be a deal with all by means of the vacations.
What components do you want?
(That is solely an inventory of components; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in the event you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it is going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
Methods to make Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad decrease in carbs:
You may simply omit cranberries if you need a lower-carb model of this tasty salad. Or use dried cranberries with out added sugar (affiliate hyperlink) which is able to cut back the carbs within the completed salad fairly a bit. You too can use white wine vinegar as an alternative of the extra sugary white balsamic vinegar which is able to make it even decrease in carbs.
Need extra concepts for vacation salads?
Take a look at Keto Salad Recipes for Vacation Dinners for different Thanksgiving-worthy salads you would possibly take pleasure in!
Methods to make Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in the event you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it is going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Trim beans, reduce into items, and provides them a wash within the salad spinner in the event that they want it.
- Begin a pan of water boiling, add salt, and prepare dinner beans simply till they’re barely finished, about 4-5 minutes.
- Whereas beans prepare dinner, whisk collectively white balsamic vinegar, Dijon, olive oil, and black pepper to make the dressing.
- After they’re finished, dump beans right into a colander positioned within the sink and rinse with VERY COLD water. Let beans drain nicely.
- When the water has drained off, switch beans to a salad spinner and spin till they’re very dry. (You’ll be stunned how rather more water comes off.)
- Then unfold beans out on a paper towel, cowl with one other towel, and blot dry, till they’re as dry as you may get them. (Don’t skip this step!)
- Toss dried beans with the dressing till all of the beans are well-coated with dressing. (At this level you may let the beans marinate within the dressing till you’re prepared to combine within the different components.)
- Once you’re able to serve the salad, toast pecans for a few minutes in a dry frying pan, then cool on a slicing board. Coarsely chop pecans.
- Measure the dried cranberries and blue cheese.
- Then toss every thing collectively, season with a bit of extra recent floor black pepper, and serve. Uh-Might-Zing salad! Hope you take pleasure in.
Extra Vacation-Worthy Salads:
- 1 lb. skinny inexperienced beans, trimmed, washed and reduce into brief items
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for cooking water; the beans don’t take up all this salt but it surely does add taste)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- recent floor pepper to style (for seasoning completed salad)
- 2 T white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp. Dijon
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil (use your best-tasting oil for this)
- fresh-ground black pepper to style
- Fill a medium-sized pot with water, add the salt, and convey water to a boil whilst you trim the beans.
- Trim each ends of inexperienced beans. (I do that by grabbing a bunch loosely in my hand so the beans are standing up, then letting them fall down on to the slicing board so all of the ends are lined up. Trim the ends and repeat with the opposite finish.) Reduce beans into brief items, 1-2 inches lengthy, and wash in salad spinner if wanted.
- Add beans to the water relating to a boil and prepare dinner 4-5 minutes, or simply till beans are barely finished however nonetheless barely crisp.
- Drain instantly right into a colander positioned within the sink and rinse with VERY COLD water. Let beans drain within the colander a couple of minutes, then gently spin in a salad spinner.
- Lay out a paper towel, unfold out the beans, put one other paper towel excessive, and blot dry, till the beans are as dry as you may get them.
- Whereas beans prepare dinner, whisk collectively the vinegar, Dijon, olive oil, and pepper to make the dressing.
- When the beans are dry, put right into a plastic bowl and toss with dressing. (At this level the beans can marinate on the counter for a number of hours till you’re able to serve the salad.)
- Once you’re able to serve the salad, toast the pecans for about 2 minutes in a dry pan over excessive warmth, shaking the pan the entire time in order that they don’t burn. Put pecans on a slicing board to chill; then coarsely chop.
- Measure the dried cranberries and crumble the blue cheese. Toss all components collectively and season to style with extra fresh-ground black pepper.
I used to be pleasantly stunned that the salad was nonetheless fairly scrumptious even after it had been within the fridge in a single day, and the 2 occasions I’ve made this (to date!) I fortunately ate the leftovers for lunch the subsequent day.
Recipe tailored from Haricots Verts Salad with Pecans and Blue Cheese at High-quality Cooking.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 321Complete Fats: 23gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 18gLdl cholesterol: 6mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 6gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
Diet info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Eating regimen / Low-Glycemic Eating regimen / South Seashore Eating regimen Recommendations:
Should you skip the dried cranberries and use white wine vinegar, this Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad needs to be a very good salad for many low-carb food plan plans. I doubled the quantity of beans in proportion to different components to make a extra carb-conscious salad, however even with that change, the dried cranberries and high-fat blue cheese nonetheless make this finest for Part 3 of the unique South Seashore Eating regimen, or a “once-in-a-while deal with” for part 2, to eat on an important day like Thanksgiving.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes or Vacation Recipes for extra recipes like this one! Use the Recipes by Eating regimen Kind photograph index pages to search out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2013. It was up to date with extra info in 2020 and once more in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.