These colourful, recent veggie kabobs are excellent for throwing on the grill whenever you want a fast aspect dish. So scrumptious and simple!
Elevate your summer time grilling recreation with this fast and simple grilled Veggie Kabob recipe, the right aspect dish for something you’re grilling. Bursting with colours and texture, the charred corn, purple onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and tomatoes are completed off with BBQ sauce for additional taste. Make them upfront and throw them on the grill for a quick weeknight dinner or summer time get together. Excellent for dairy-free and gluten-free diets. For extra kabob recipes, attempt my Grilled Hen Pesto Kebabs, Steak Kebabs with Chimichurri, and Blackened Grilled Salmon Skewers.
In season summer time greens don’t want a lot work to make their flavors shine, right here I saved it easy with salt and pepper (no marinade wanted!) then end it with a bit BBQ sauce. Fast and simple!
Veggie Kabob Substances
- Greens: Corn, purple onion, yellow and purple bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes
- Olive Oil Spray for the veggies
- Salt for seasoning
- Kabob Sauce: Water blended with BBQ sauce (Purchase your favourite or make selfmade sauce.)
The best way to Grill Veggie Kabobs
- Skewers: Use metallic skewers or bamboo skewers. If utilizing bambo, soak skewers in water for about half-hour earlier than threading the greens onto them. Soaking will stop the sticks from burning on the grill.
- Corn: Shuck the corn and reduce the small ends off the cobs. Reduce every ear into six items for 12 complete.
- Thread the Skewers: Alternate the veggies so you have got two items of every vegetable on every skewer.
- Season the Greens: Spritz the kabobs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
- Sauce: Mix the BBQ sauce and water in a small bowl.
The best way to Reduce Veggies for Kabobs
Kabob veggies are a well-liked alternative for grilling, and the important thing to an ideal kabab is even cooking. All of your elements should be reduce to roughly the identical dimension to prepare dinner the greens evenly. In case your items are completely different sizes, the smaller ones may burn earlier than the bigger ones prepare dinner via. Listed here are some tips for making ready greens for kabobs:
- Bell Peppers: Take away the stem and seeds, and reduce the peppers into 1- to 1 ½-inch squares. This dimension is massive sufficient to not fall off the skewer however sufficiently small to prepare dinner evenly.
- Purple Onions: Peel the onion and reduce it into quarters.
- Zucchini or Yellow Squash: Search for medium zucchini or squash. Slice them into ½-inch rounds. Ensure that they’re not too skinny to stop them from getting too gentle and falling off the skewer.
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes: Depart tomatoes entire.
- Corn: Take away the husk and the silk. Reduce the cobs into ½-inch to ¾-inch rounds. Skewer the corn rounds via the middle of the cob to make sure they keep on securely.
How Lengthy to Grill Veggie Kabobs
Place the vegetable kabobs on the grill and prepare dinner for about 10 minutes, turning typically till every little thing is barely charred and tender. Brush the BBQ sauce on the veggies on the final minute of cooking and switch yet one more time.
The best way to Prepare dinner Veggie Skewers within the Oven:
I discover a grill pan shouldn’t be the perfect for these skewers so when you don;t have a grill you possibly can broil them within the oven. Place the oven rack six inches under the heating component and prepare dinner for about 10 minutes, turning a couple of instances to make sure even cooking.
What to Serve with Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
The best way to Retailer
These simple vegetable kabobs might be prepped a day or two upfront and refrigerate in an hermetic container them till you’re able to prepare dinner them.
The best way to Retailer Veggie Kabobs
Leftovers will last as long as 4 days within the fridge. Reheat within the microwave till heat.
- Greens: Attempt completely different greens like yellow squash, eggplant, or mushrooms.
- Tomatoes: Swap cherry tomatoes for grape.
- Sauce: In the event you don’t like BBQ sauce, skip it. You could possibly end them off with a squeeze of recent lemon juice.
Extra Grilled Vegetable Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 kabob
If utilizing picket skewers, soak about 1 hour.
Reduce small ends off corn and reduce every into 6 items, to present you 12 complete.
Organize the skewers, alternating every veggie so you have got 2 items of every vegetable on every skewer. Spritz throughout with olive oil and season with salt.
Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
Mix BBQ sauce and water in a small bowl.
Place kabobs on the grill and prepare dinner, turning typically till the greens are barely charred and tender, about 10 minutes.
Brush the bbq sauce on the veggies, the final minute of cooking, and switch as soon as once more.
Please depart a score and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 kabob, Energy: 105 kcal, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 3.5 g, Fats: 1 g, Saturated Fats: 0.5 g, Sodium: 239.5 mg, Fiber: 3.5 g, Sugar: 11.5 g